Young brains are quick to learn; however, they also manage to get distracted in an instant! Therefore, it is very likely that you will have a hard time teaching your kids and making them engage in learning activities as a teacher.
One thing that kids absolutely love, though, is games. Anything that brings a little competition while also being entertaining is welcome with open arms. Crossword puzzles, for example, is a great choice. Due to the urge to score higher points, kids will automatically want to be acquainted with more vocabulary.
If you are looking for a free printable crossword puzzle maker for teachers, here are some sites for you!
Resources For Free Printable Crossword Puzzle Maker for Teachers
1. Free Printable Crossword Puzzles for 2ndGraders from 123 Homeschool 4me
123 Homeschool 4me is a site run by the tremendously amazing Beth Gorden. Over 1 million worksheets are available, ideal for kids from kindergarten to 6th Grade. Preschool activities are also presented per demand.
Beth herself has pocketed a lot of knowledge regarding child education. She is completely aware of the level of information kids can perceive at their given age. With all her printable worksheets, flashcards, and crossword puzzles, you can effortlessly homeschool your kids for free!
2. Free Printable Crossword Puzzles for 3rdGraders from TeachersPay Teachers
Unlike most sites that are solely owned by one person, Teachers pay Teachers (TpT) consists of work from thousands of teachers all over America. Its unique functioning strategy allows all teachers to share their designed worksheets, crossword puzzles, and flashcards with others in the same profession.
Through TpT you can access free printable crossword puzzles put out by over 7 million educators. It is undoubtedly a rich site for learning with all the choices available!
3. Free Printable 4th Grade Crossword Puzzles from K5 Learning
Since its establishment in 2011, K5 learning has managed to be a site that private tutors, parents, and teachers look into for materials. Activity worksheets, fun crossword puzzles on vocabulary, and vibrant flashcards are all present to make your child’s education journey an interesting ride.
K5 Learning provides materials for kids from kindergarten to grade 5. Math, reading, vocabulary, and grammar are the main focuses, but you can also find some science, and writing-related materials.
4. Free Printable Crossword Puzzles for 5thGraders from Education.com
Education.com is an elegant-looking site that will provide you with study materials for preschool to 8th-grade students. You can activate lesson plans, workbooks, exercises, songs, poems, worksheets, crossword puzzles, and other required data.
By using different and unique approaches to learning, Education.com manages to flourish as a site that meets the study needs of all kids. With all 18,644,338 enlightened educators providing for your child’s education, you can even consider homeschooling!
5. Free Printable Crossword Puzzles for 6th Graders from Crossword Hobbyist
As you could have guessed from the site’s name, Crossword Hobbyist is a site diligently dedicated to making crossword puzzles. These puzzles are usually dedicated to topics like world history, math, language arts, holidays, etc., but you can also shop for them grade-wise.
Other than downloading premade crossword puzzles, the site can be used to design your own. The task is effortless, and all you need to do is type in the words and clues in the generator. Overall, it is the perfect teacher’s assistant!
6. How Do You Make Crosswords Printable For Free?
To present your students with crosswords printables, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Start making notes on your puzzle’s title on a spare piece of paper. Be crafty so that the solvers can have some fun.
- Describe your puzzle and its intentions. Scribble out the instructions that will help people identify the solving and scoring process. Mention how their points will be affected upon giving wrong or right answers.
- Jot down the words that you wish to include in your puzzle. Be creative and keep a balance between long and short words that will help in guessing your student’s skills.
- Next to each word, start putting down their clues. Instead of only writing the meaning of words, try to put sentences or riddles that hint at the word.
- Click on this to visit Crossword Hobbyist and then press the Create button on the menu bar.
- You will notice a blank box that says Tittle next to it at the top of the page. Type in the puzzle name that you designed in step one.
- You can now head on to the Auto Arrange box present on the left-hand side. Please type in the words and their clues in the designated boxes before pressing the green Arrange! Button.
- A crossword will show up along with the clues for across and down listed on the side. You can now click on the Make Printable button if you are satisfied with the result.
7. What is the best free crossword puzzle, maker?
Crossword Hobbyist is one of the best free crossword puzzle makers you will come across. Once you have signed in and made an account, all you need to do is right-click on the create button to start working. The Word Searches option will also assist you in typing out the proper hints and meanings. Other worksheets (Match and Join, Bingo Cards, and Flashcards) can also be generated on your desired topics.
Thousands of ready-made crossword puzzle worksheets are available on the site that is categorized grade-wise or topic-wise. Teachers can shop for puzzles that are suitable for students from prekindergarten to 12th Grade. Topic-wise, crossword puzzles include those based on America History, Culture, Sociology, French, Spanish, Holidays, Language Arts, Literature, etc.