Photos are frequently printed out on paper with dimensions of 4 x 6 inches (10 x 15 cm). They manage to perfectly display all images without being too big or too small in size. Any worries about squeezing or enlarging are eliminated, meaning your photo’s quality is diligently maintained. Photo frames, albums, and books are also designed to store images of size 4 x 6 inches. So, if you want to preserve your beautiful memories or make a portfolio out of your clicks, you should get to printing.
Today, we will teach you how to print 4 x 6 photos on an HP printer. So stick around for a few seconds to learn all you need to know.
How To Print 4 X 6 Photos On HP Printer
Step 1: Choosing your Photo Paper
Go to the HP site and check your printer’s specifications in order to identify the maximum media weight. Now that you know your weight limit, start shopping for glossy papers within that range. Again, make sure the quality is good and avoid too heavy ones to keep at an arm’s length from printer jams.
Step 2: Loading The Paper
Clear out any paper in your feed tray and slide it out. Once the paper tray is completely out, grab the paper catch and pull it up. The paper guides will now be visible.
Adjust the length and width of paper guides to fully extend. You can now place about 15 pieces of your photo paper and readjust the paper guides. They should be resting against your paper stack so that the printer identifies it is loaded.
Once your papers are properly placed, pull the paper catch and insert the tray back in.
Step 3: Editing Your Photo
Make all the necessary edits to your image using photo editing software. Change the contrast, alter the orientation, and clear out any blemished. Make sure its size is ideal for 4 x 6-inch paper. Once you are done, save the edited result in jpeg format.
Step 4: Configure The Printer Settings
Locate your saved image file and open it. You will notice that a print icon is present in the top right corner. Click on it to open the Print dialogue box.
You will notice a lot of printer settings are present on the left-hand side of your dialogue box. Firstly, select your printer’s name and choose the paper size. If you are not aware of this, check your photo paper’s packaging.
Once this is done, click on the Photo Size option box and select the 4 x 6-inch option.
You can click on the More Settings option and make changes regarding the type of paper.
Step 5: Print Out Your 4 x 6-inch Photo
If all the above mentioned changes have been made, you can now click on the Print button present in the dialogue box. Then, patiently wait for your picture to come out of the output paper tray.
Let it air dry for a while once the hard copy of your 4 x 6 inch picture is received. This will help you avoid all smudges.
How Do I Print 4×6 Photos On My HP Printer From Iphone?
- Initiate the process by loading your photo paper into the printer’s paper tray. First, make sure the paper guides firmly hold the paper in position and then insert the feed tray back into position.
- Install the HP Smart app on your iPhone and set it up with your printer. You can know further about this process by clicking here.
- Open the HP Smart app on your iPhone and click on the Print Photos option present on the home screen.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen. This is the app seeking access to the photos present in your gallery. Click on OK to proceed with your photo printing task.
- From your gallery or camera roll, select the photo that you wish to print.
- Your photo will now be opened on the HP Smart app. Clicking on the edit button on the top right corner will show a ribbon consisting of editing options at the bottom. Press down on the Paper option and then tap on the Size option.
- From the pop-up list, select the 4 x 6 in/ 10 x 15 cm option. Make any other necessary alterations if needed, and then click on Done at the top right corner.
- Your printer’s name will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. Click on the blue Print button and wait for your printer to churn out the result.
If you have followed all the steps that we mentioned, you must have already printed out your 4 x 6-inch pictures!
Don’t they look stunning? Is the quality of the photo properly maintained? Was our article helpful to you?
We have tried our best to walk you through the process of photo printing. Hopefully, you can now have a fun time printing!