Are you ever in a situation where your document is written in Legal format, but you only have Letter-size paper for printing? Or Vice-Versa?
It can be very annoying if that does happen as both the formats have a different margin and formatting style.
However, Microsoft has addressed this problem brilliantly and made our lives a whole lot easier. With just a few clicks, you can not only shrink your document from legal size to letter size but do the same for all other sizes too.
How To Shrink A Word Document From Legal Size To Letter Size
There are mainly two different ways you could carry out this simple process. You can choose whichever one you find more convenient.
From The Taskbar
- With your Word document open, select the “Layout” feature from the taskbar on the top of the window.
- On the “Page Setup” section, click on “Size” to open up the drop-down menu.
- Next, select “Letter,” and the page will automatically readjust itself into the letter format with smaller margins and length.
- The number of pages will decrease, so you can increase the font to keep that same as before.
From The Print Window
- Open your Word document and click on “File” on the top left corner of the window.
- Select “Print,” and a new section will open with your file on the right.
- After that, navigate through the new section to find an option that says “Legal.”
- Click on that option to open up a drop-down menu.
- Select “Letter” from the drop-down menu.
You can see that your file on the right readjusts itself with new margins and a reduced number of pages.
- If you want to keep the number of pages the same by increasing the font and making other necessary changes, you can go back to your file simply by clicking on the “Back” arrow on the top-left corner of the window.